Year in review 2016: Our top 10 stories
Our 10 most popular stories in 2016 demonstrate the depth and breadth of the Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute. From mobile journalism tools and malvertising to RJI Fellowships and the annual RJI Student Competition, our coverage focused on ideas, experimentation and research to strengthen journalism in the service of democracy.
Happy holidays to you. We look forward to helping you create and sustain innovative journalism in 2017.
Still need a new year's resolution? Resolve to apply for a 2017-2018 RJI Fellowship, submit entries for the 74th Pictures of the Year International photojournalism contest or subscribe to one or more of our newsletters.
Here's our countdown of 2016's top 10 stories on rjionline.org:
- Five mobile journalism basics to remember
- What’s your idea? Apply now for 2016-2017 RJI Fellowships
- Scrolling for story: How millennials interact with long-form journalism on mobile devices
- Breaking News 1: How monetizing became malvertising
- Reynolds Journalism Institute announces 10th fellowship class
- FL#149: Technology forces shaping the future
- Interviewing tool for Apple Watch wins 2016 RJI Student Competition
- Travel scholarships available for graduate students to attend DTMH 2016 at UCLA
- Beyond the numbers: How to make analytics matter in your newsroom
- Trust us, you’re going to want to read this series about social media
Recommended for You